Goa Institute of Rural Development & Administration is functioning at Ela Farm, Old Goa since December 1999. Goa Institute of Rural Development & Administration was established by converting existing ETC into S.I.R.D. and has been functioning at the site of old E.T.C. It functioned from February 1999 to December 1999 as a government department and was made into autonomous institute from December 1999 on lines of similar institutes in other states (as per the pattern of Govt. of India). The site of Ela Farm where the Institute is located is at a distance of 10 Kms. from Panaji-the capital city of Goa.
To be among the top five training institutions in the country in Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Public Administration, financially self –sustaining, with capacities and infrastructure of training, research, publication and consultancy in the areas of development administration studies, public policy and governance, through collaborative initiatives with national, international and inter-governmental institutions.
Objectives of GIPARD : –
The objects for which the society is established are:—
- To achieve excellence in the administration
- To train Government officers/employees to be responsive to the needs of the citizens
- To update knowledge of the Government officers/employees on latest technologies and processes for good governance
- To promote better understanding of professional requirements including the need for value based management
- To develop effective methods, so as to change the attitude of the Government employees towards efficient service delivery
- To offer a wide range of high quality training and capacity building services to the Government officers/employees
- To organize and conduct special training courses, symposia, workshops, seminars, departmental examinations, etc.
- To undertake various other activities like consultancy, model pilot projects, research, etc.
- to undertake systematic policy oriented research to assist and support the Government in evolving more effective and evidence based policies, programmes and public sector management systems in Goa and
- To serve as a policy making body to formulate, test, validate and implement training strategies for all employees of the Government of Goa.
Core areas of training : –
- Public Administration
- Panchayati Raj
- Right to Information Act 2005
- Rural Development
- Gender Issues
- Human Rights
- Stress Management
- Disaster Management